A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. The skin that grows back after a chemical peel is smoother and younger looking.
Chemical peels are used to treat wrinkles, skin discoloration and scars — typically on the face. A chemical peel can be done alone or in combination with other cosmetic procedures.
Chemical peels can be done at different depths — light, medium or deep — depending on your desired results. Each type of chemical peel uses a different chemical solution. Deeper chemical peels produce more dramatic results, but also involve longer recovery times.
Chemical peels can
- correct actinic (sun) damage.
- They can reduce mild scarring.
- You can experience a reduction of your wrinkles.
- Improvement of dark skin discolouration is possible.
- Chemical peels can remove excessive/stubborn blackheads.
- The peel may temporarily reduce excessive skin oils.
- Smooth skin
- Brightens up skin / makes look vibrant